If you are anything like me, you probably spend a lot of time in your car. Enjoy your favorite essential oils while on the go with this fun DIY car essential oil diffuser! With these DIY diffusers, you can customize them with your favorite scent and colors. They also make a great gift to give to a friend!
- Modeling Clay (we highly recommend using natural clay)
- Food coloring or non-toxic acrylic paint (optional)
- Rolling pin
- Plastic wrap
- Stamps (optional)
- Clay cutters
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Essential oils of your choice
- Clear a clean and flat surface. Roll out the clay in your hands to make it soften and more malleable.
- If you’re coloring your clay with food coloring or acrylic paint, then you can work that into your clay now before proceeding We suggest working the color in while you’re wearing gloves or working the color in with the clay inside a plastic bag (basically protect your skin from absorbing the color that you’re applying to the clay)!
- Wrap your rolling pin in plastic wrap (you’ll want to protect it from absorbing the clay).
- Roll out the natural clay onto the tabletop to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- We then recommend stamping the clay (optional), before cutting it into shapes. This will help keep the cutout shapes from morphing.
- Use the clay cutters to cut out the shapes you’d like to make. Place a hole near the top of the cutout piece using the straw, but not too close to the edge. This will allow you to create the hole into the pendant for the ribbon later.
- Place the pieces on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Allow the pendants to dry completely before proceeding (it could take 24 hours for that process to be complete). Once they’ve dried out, you can cut a length of ribbon and arrange the pendants for the rearview mirror or to hang from a vent.
- Apply essential oils to the backs of the pendants and enjoy the fresh scent!
If DIYs aren’t your thing, our USB Diffuser is another way to enjoy oils on the go. Just add a few drops and plug it in!