Are you looking to getting into essential oils. It can quickly become very overwhelming with hundreds of recipes and oils to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start.
Why Essential Oils?
- They have been used for hundreds of years. Read more about the history of essential oils here.
- They are natural and you know exactly what you are using.
- Can be used beyond just the body, such as in the home and on fabric.
What Oils to Start With
There’s an overwhelming variety of essential oils to choose from, all which have countless remedies. I would say to start off small. A few essential oils can address many issues. Overtime, you can grow your collection. Start with these three oils, they cover a wide variety of uses:
- Lemon: cleansing, detoxing, promotes positive mood, circulation, supports digestive system, and more.
- Lavender: helps with sleep, head and neck tension, stomach issues or motion sickness, is calming, supports skin health and more.
- Peppermint: promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing, digestive balance, helps repel bugs, energize the body’s senses and more.
How to Use These Oils
Essential oils are very powerful, always be sure to dilute them before using. Remember, essential oils are very potent, so you will only need a few drops.
- Carrier Oil: carrier oils, such as Fractionated Coconut Oil, allow for topical application. Add in a few drops of essential oil and mix with carrier oil, then apply to skin.
- Roller Balls: Touch-Ready Rollers are essential oils that are pre-diluted with fractionated coconut oil. This makes them great for travel and on-the-go.
- Diffusers: this is one of the easiest ways of using your essential oils. Add a few drops into your diffuser and it will spread its amazing scent and benefits throughout your space. They also make a safer and natural alternative to candles!
- Jewelry: our chakra bracelets have porous lava beads, which allow the essential oil to be absorbed and released slowly for hours.
- Check out some of our other blog posts for different ways to use essential oils: Multi-surface Cleaner, Lip Balm, Fabric Refresher.
Expanding Your Collection:
Once you have had time to familiarize yourself with essential oils, feel free to branch out! With so many oils out there, don’t be afraid to try something new. Here are some recommendations for other popular oils:
- Frankincense: like Lavender, Frankincense is the jack of all trades. It helps clear the mind, the appearance of skin imperfections, promotes feelings of relaxation, clear breathing, and much more.
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree): promotes a sense of cleansing and rejuvenation of the skin, healthy immune function, and used in DIY cleaning products.
- Bergamot: helps with skin issues, supports the immune system, mood lifting, and more.